18 Swiss Poster Awards in gold, silver and bronze presented to 33 nominees out of the total 220 analogue and digital campaigns submitted. The «When art has to move» campaign named «Poster of the Year 2021». Trophies presented to the winners in person and all prize-winning works showcased in an award winners’ video. Traditional APG|SGA Poster Night set to return next year.
The award in the «Poster of the Year 2021» category goes to Welti-Furrer Fine Art AG and its agency Ruf Lanz, Zurich, for the campaign «When art has to move». The posters depict iconic spaces from various artistic eras that have been emptied, and note that this is what happens when the specialists from Welti-Furrer have been at work. A celebration of the artful void, this creative, aesthetically accomplished advertising campaign appeared at just the right time for the return of Art Basel.
This work also secured the gold award in the «Commercial Local and Regional» category for Welti-Furrer Fine Art AG. Meanwhile, the work of the creative agency Ruf Lanz, Zurich was recognised with a further seven trophies, to add to these two awards.
Gold award winners in six categories
The following creative works received the coveted gold award:
• digitec.ch (Digitec Galaxus AG, in-house) in the «Commercial National» category
• Welti-Furrer Fine Art AG (agency Ruf Lanz, Zurich) in the «Commercial Local and Regional» category
• Stiftung für das Tier im Recht (agency Ruf Lanz, Zurich) in the «Public Service» category
• Museum Haus Konstruktiv (agency Ruf Lanz, Zurich) in the «Culture» category
• VBZ Verkehrsbetriebe (agency Ruf Lanz, Zurich) in the «Digital Out of Home» category
• Hôpitaux universitaires de Genève (agency Havas Village Genève) in the «Out of Home Innovations» category
Special award ceremony
The main prize for the «Poster of the Year 2021» was presented to Welti-Furrer Fine Art AG in person. The award was presented by Christian Brändle (jury president and Director, Museum für Gestaltung Zürich), Markus Ehrle (CEO, APG|SGA), Cristano Gargamelli (Sales Consultancy Zurich, field service, APG|SGA) and Peer Kleinfeldt (Key Account Management, APG|SGA).
Information and award winners’ video
• All the winners at a glance: see the overview table
• Video and images of the winning works: apgsga.ch/swissposteraward/winners
• Social media: #swissposteraward
Christian Brändle, Director, Museum für Gestaltung Zürich
Museum für Gestaltung Zürich, Ausstellungsstrasse 60, 8005 Zurich, email@example.com
Markus Ehrle, CEO APG|SGA AG
Giesshübelstrasse 4, 8045 Zurich, T +41 58 220 70 71, firstname.lastname@example.org
Image from left to right: Cristano Gargamelli, Sales Consulting Zurich (on the part of the client), APG|SGA; Christian Brändle, SPA Jury President and Director Museum of Design Zurich; Thomas Aebischer, Managing Director, Welti-Furrer Fine Art AG; Isabelle Hauser, Art Director, Ruf Lanz Zurich; Markus Ruf, Creative Director and owner of Ruf Lanz Zurich; Markus Ehrle, CEO, APG|SGA; Peer Kleinfeldt, Key Account Management (on the part of the agency), APG|SGA