Out of Home Media Performance
Out of Home: Reach the young target group
ASTAG succeeded with interactive teaser campaign
As the national umbrella organization for the transport sector, the Schweizerische Nutzfahrzeugverband ASTAG (Association suisse des transports routiers) represents the industry's interests in the spheres of business and politics. The vocational training system is a key element of the association's work which aims to ensure suitably qualified new staff for the industry.
The career of a truck driver is challenging and interesting. ASTAG members therefore organize open days from time to time, at which they give young people an insight into their companies and explain the variety of career opportunities available. The association wanted to make its target audience aware of this offer by means of a teaser campaign.
- Media mix: Out of Home advertising, radio & print, emphasis on Out of Home
- Out of Home advertising formats: hanging display (traffic), world format F4, City format F200
- Target group commuters: strong advertising presence in vehicles operated by Bernmobil, Verkehrsbetriebe Biel, STI Thun, RBS Berne-Solothurn and Postbus, as well as at train stations
- Eye-catching presentation of message, text message mobile response option
- Measurement of advertising effectiveness using post-test PPI, special survey by APG|SGA Traffic
50% of ASTAG's target group (15-29 year-olds) had seen the ads on trams and buses. 70% of the men who had seen the ads found the image featuring "Stucki Chrigu" good or very good. Thanks to the text message response option, 515 people registered on the ASTAG website within a week. Michael Gehrken, who as Director of ASTAG AG was responsible for the campaign in 2014, said: "With the hanging poster campaign on trams and buses we wanted to motivate young people to consider the vocational training opportunities available in the transport industry. The success shows that this is an excellent way of reaching the younger generation in the public space."
|An exciting teaser|
+ eye-catching statement
+ appealing testimonial
= more effective poster campaign
- Factsheet (544.9 KB)
PPI – A Post-test Tool for Practical Use