«The Gotthard Base Tunnel's high-performance infrastructure is both attractive and environmentally friendly. With 115 years of tradition behind it, APG|SGA also stands for efficient, sustainable and professional OoH media services. We are Switzerland's leading outdoor advertising agency, specializing in digital and analogue posters. In partnership with SBB we are developing effective advertising spaces at stations, and supporting the communication campaign of the Gottardo 2016 centennial project. As SBB's media partner, APG|SGA is proud to be able to contribute an exhibition of historic posters to the public event.»
Markus Ehrle, CEO of APG|SGA
The Gottardo 2016 Project
The longest (57 kilometres) and deepest railway tunnel ever built anywhere in the world will open on 1 June 2016. Up to 100,000 visitors are expected to attend the public event at each end of the tunnel on the weekend of 4/5 June 2016. Facts and figures on the Gotthard Base Tunnel can be found here
Highlights of the celebrations
- First journeys through the tunnel in the Gotthard Shuttle at speeds of up to 200 kph
- Return by the SBB Panorama Route
- Works by Swiss artists and an interactive world of experience related to the Gotthard
- APG|SGA's exhibition of historic posters from 1890 to the present day, including rare Gotthard designs
- Shows and refreshment stands serving specialities from the cantons at each end of the tunnel, Uri and Ticino
Visitors can also look forward to lots more exciting activities, like experiencing a firefighting and rescue train in action, and finding out first-hand what a miner's working conditions feel like.
Further information: www.gottardo2016.ch
The APG|SGA Media Partnership
The opening of the Gotthard Base Tunnel is an event with international appeal that will attract huge media attention. APG|SGA supports the symbolism of Gottardo 2016, bringing to a wider public SBB's traditional, forward-looking commitment with the sole remaining mass medium, the poster.
- June 2015: Launch of the Gottardo 2016 image campaign
APG|SGA will support Gottardo 2016 for the entire duration of the project with nation-wide advertisements, which will significantly help to raise awareness of it.
- 11 September 2015: Participation in the Diretissima
Sports professionals such as mountaineer Dani Arnold and mountain biker Lukas Stöckli followed the course of the 57 km base tunnel by bike – not under the mountain, but over it. Four representatives of APG|SGA ¬– three men and one woman – took a proverbially active part in the Diretissima hike on foot. Photos of the Diretissima can be found here: www.alptransit.ch/de/media/fotogalerie here
- April 2016: Trips through the tunnel on the Gotthard Shuttle
As part of the media partnership, APG|SGA has 250 tickets to give away to clients, partners and members of staff for a trip on the Gotthard Shuttle at the spectacular opening celebrations at the beginning of June 2016.
- 4/5 June 2016: Exhibition of historic posters to accompany the opening celebrations
APG|SGA will mount exhibitions of historic posters at both ends of the tunnel, each with 19 prints of rare Gotthard designs (from the viewable storage area of the Museum of Design, Zurich¬) from 1890 to the present.
- 11 December 2016: Commissioning of the Gotthard Base Tunnel
APG|SGA will support the Gottardo 2016 image campaign with posters until the official commissioning of the new rail tunnel in December 2016.